An imposing Malatesta Fortress sets in the heart of the historical Center of Cattolica. It can dated back to 1490/1491, and was built during the Dominion of Pandolfo Malatesti. The building offered an efficacious defence and was placed in an excellent point to control the Flaminia Route and the Sea. In the 19th Century the Fortress was bought by Count Saladino Saladini Pilastri of Cesena, who heavily modified it from an architectural point of view to adapt it to an Holiday Villa. Today the Fortress is a private home but is visible from outside, both from the side of Via Mazzini and on Via Pascoli.